Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Accounting service

(Querist) 13 May 2019 This query is : Resolved 
I am a post graduate in arts (MA in literature) and I have been working in a CA firm since the year 2008. Accordingly, I have more than 10 years of experience in the area of financial accounting, income tax and GST. Now, I wish to start my own accounting firm, where I will provide my service in the area of my experience (i.e. accounting , income tax and GST consultancy).
Now my query is, as an arts graduate, am I legally eligible to provide such service or is it illegal in the eyes of law i.e. where an arts graduate is providing service in the area of accounting and tax.
Please suggest ....
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 May 2019
There is no bar in practicing accountancy despite the fact you are an MA.
Is there any licencing policy to start an accountancy firm in your state< please find out?
It would be advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and guidance.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 May 2019
Dear querist, as you are working under a CA firm, you can consult your CAs. To me, you have to register your name to practice as Income Tax Practitioner in IT Department of your State.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query