FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

About sale deeds

(Querist) 16 July 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Few months ago I got a plot booked in my name. The booking form and agreement mentioned only my name as the buyer. Now after having paid the entire amount for the plot I want a registered sale deed to be executed. But to save cost(stamp duty) I want that the sale deed mention my sister, and not me as the buyer and be registered in her name. Is this possible, given that the earlier agreement did not mention her name as the buyer ( or allottee )
Jainodin shaikh (Expert) 16 July 2014
Yes, you can!
as you have entered into an agreement, you got vested interest in the property and such interests can be legally transferred to anybody at your wish.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 16 July 2014
Yes, it is possible but do remember that after execution and registration of the said deed your sister only and you would would be treated as its lawful owner and you would be divested of all your legal rights over the property.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 July 2014
Get the allotment changed in the records of builders and get it registered in the name of your sister.
By the way, what shall you achieve by transferring the flat in your sisters name?
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 17 July 2014
It can be done provided all parties to it agree.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 July 2014
there is no legal problem by transferring this sale deed on her name, but be aware that she will become the absolute owner of the property in future and the property will be a property in woman's hand considered as her own and exclusive property.
pulkit patel (Querist) 19 July 2014
thanks for your replies

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query