LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

About my domicile related confusion

(Querist) 01 December 2013 This query is : Resolved 
sir i lived in saharanpur around 7 year in our own home . but from last 1 year we are living on rent in the same colony where our previous home is situated .

sir is it necessary to have a property to get the benefit of domicile as we are not able to buy personal property due to financial condition. and if we move to some other colony on a rented house then can i use domicile certificate ()permanent address) of my previous home's colony .as sir i used that address as my permannent address in many job forms . and already have a domicile certificate on that address . what to do . live in the same colony ??? to get the benefit
ajay sethi (Expert) 02 December 2013
if you already have a domicile certificate why are you worried . ?
Surrender K Singal (Expert) 02 December 2013
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 02 December 2013
In case of need get the address on your domicile / Id. proofs changed to your present address.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 03 December 2013
1. There is no need to have property to get the domicile certificate.
2. Since you are living in the same colony, there is no change in the domicile status as you are in the same town.
3. There is nothing to worry about.
4. You need not have to write domicile address anywhere. It is required to write place of domicile only. Hence there is no problem.
5. Since you are in the same colony, even correspondence address also you need not change in your previous applications. You can keep a word with your previous house owners to direct all correspondence received to your new address in the same colony.
6. However, in future you give your present correspondence address.
Surrender K Singal (Expert) 03 December 2013
That settles all concerns of querist
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 03 December 2013
Thanks Mr. Jaggarao for fully touching every point connected with the query.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 04 December 2013
Very kind of you Shri Makkad saheb. I am like a child before the towering personality of Shri Rajkumar Makkad!!.
Charan singh (Querist) 04 December 2013
thanks alot to all the experts.
Charan singh (Querist) 04 December 2013
but sir as if my family move to uttrakhand then in that case can i use my UP domicile . as in uttrakhand a resdient of 15 year can get the domicile. in that case is it necessary to have the property?
Surrender K Singal (Expert) 04 December 2013
Resident does not necessarily mean owner of property
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 04 December 2013
You can mention that resident of UP having present address at Utrakhand.
Charan singh (Querist) 26 December 2018
Thanks all experts

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query