25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A friend cheated me, how can i proceed further to take actio

(Querist) 06 September 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Hello sir,
I was searching to buy a DELL laptop and got the info like, if we place an order through DELL employee, we can get some concession.Hence, i inquired about DELL employees and found one through a friend's friend.I paid the amount 27,300 through online transfer.and was waited for 1.5 month and no product is delivered.When i inquire about the same, he was kept on telling some thing. Finally, i fed up with all that and asked to cancel the order and transfer amount. He said OK and not at all transferring the money.When i call him, he is not attending calls and also, not responding to messages. I wanna take an severe action against him.BTW, i have proofs of Online transaction screen shot, Online transaction reference number, all Mails and SMS and Chatting messages which we have exchanged.
How can take can u plz show me some path.
Thanks in advance,
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 September 2010
If the said person is illegally withholding the money then you could initiate criminal cases against him under charges of cheating, fraud etc. Similarly you could also file suit for recovery of money.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 06 September 2010
lodge an appropriate complaint with the local Judicial Magistrate (of the concerned area or the authorised one for the said purpose)

simultaneous civil suit is also not barred.
R.Ranganathan (Expert) 06 September 2010
Criminal action for cheating and breach of trust is the best action to be taken in these type to matters. Being an employee of Dell, he will feel the heat and pay up your money.
Veera Nageswarrao (Querist) 06 September 2010
Many more thanks to u all for your earliest suggestions.But i have few more sub queries regarding the same...

1)Are those (Which I mentioned above) proofs enough?
2)I live in pune and He lives in hyd, where should i file the case, Hyd or pune?
3)As this transaction done online, should i file a case at cyber police or at normal police station?

Can you please give me some more clarity on this?

Thanks in advance,
bhupender sharma (Expert) 06 September 2010
u may file the complaint in pune stating there in all the facts and annexed the documents with u as stated by u as all are admissible in evidence act according to setion 65 A. u will definately get the relief.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 08 September 2010
I am of the same view as above.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query