LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale agreement cum gpa

(Querist) 26 June 2017 This query is : Resolved 
1. My mother is owner. She sold property. AGPA got registered in 2006 to couple of person A & B.
2. In may 2017, party A died and party B is asking for registration to be executed.
3. Is there any possibility that we can decline registration and pay out the interest on money paid and settle the matter
Anand Bali Adv. (Expert) 26 June 2017
Only if inthe agreement to sell there is no mention of the legal heirs of the deceased person, as usually the person include each of their legal heirs as party to the agreement.
You please show me the documents only then after we can suggest you some good alternatives.
Good Luck !!
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 June 2017
All docs pertaining to the transaction should be examined for a considered opinion.
Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert) 27 June 2017
however, difficult to advise without examining the relevant docs but answer to your point 3 is NO, considering general practice.
you can decline but the amount to pay depends on the agreement terms/conditions......
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 27 June 2017
Terms of agreement to sale need to be referred.

If A has expired, property would be registered in the name of LH of A and B in absence of contract to the contrary.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 27 June 2017
Full and final payment seems to be have been received.
Show the entire docs as suggested to a local counsel.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 27 June 2017
Similar query:
Kumar Doab (Expert) 27 June 2017
Similar Query:

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 27 June 2017
The sale agreement entered in the year 2006 is barred by limitation.
The GPA deed on the death of the power holder stands cancelled or infructuous.
If the residuary beneficiary is demanding for legal settlement, you may ask him to proceed legally on this because it cannot be enforced legally at this given point of time owing to the limitation laws.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 27 June 2017
No reply if query repeated.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query