Ownership of property

This query is : Resolved 

16 September 2019

Dear Sir,

I stay in thane, mumbai. after marriage i used to stay with my inlaws. my inlaws was against our love marriage. after marriage my 5 sister in laws and father in law treated me very badly. I left that house with my 1 year old son. later on my husband also came to me. then we took house on rent. we used to visit our inlaws on regular basis and we were taking care of their monthly needs. my husband is in police dept. so he is always on duty to remote places. during this time i took care of my two sons and paid regular amount to my in laws for their needs. also we took care of their all medical expenses etc. we spent more than 2 lakhs for the marrige of youngest sister in law. few years back my youngest sister in law came to inlaws place for delivery and stayed with them because she was having disputes with her inlaws. even after this we took care of all the financial needs of mother and father in law. my father in law died in oct 2015. we told sister in law to go back to her place but she did not. now she is claiming that since she was staying with them all property including house, utensils, furniture jwellery and money and she took everything from us. even we are paying the maintenance of flat of my inlaws as on date regularly. even she is not allowing us to enter the house. can you help us in this matter. we dont want to sell this house as it was the only memory of my inlaws. as per the nomination of society we have 54% share and other sisters have 46% shares. please tell me how to proceed in the matter. we are not denying their share in father in laws property. if we sell that flat we will definately give them their share. now we just want to stop her from encrochment of property.

P. Venu (Expert)
17 September 2019

Who is the owner of this flat. If either of the in-laws or either of them, are they alive? The question of nomination and inheritance would arise only after lifetime of the owner(s), that too, for the property left intestate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x