Non performance of duties by landlord of cessed building

This query is : Resolved 

13 September 2018

I am a tenant of a cessed building in Mumbai. The landlord of our building has not paid municipal water bill for more than a year and our water supply has been cut. What is the remedy open to the tenants. We are desperate.

Kishor Mehta (Expert)
13 September 2018

The immediate solution is to remit the amount of pending water bills to MCGM and request reconnection. The tenants can then recover this amount from the landlord, if he refuses then the tenants have to approach the Court.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
14 September 2018

I endorse the advise of expert Mr. Kishor Mehta, pay the bill, get the connection re-connected and enjoy water supply.

Dhingra: (Expert)
Click to Talk
14 September 2018

Being a tenant, water is your necessity, not of your landlord. So, if no free water is included in the terms of lease agreement, the duty to pay consumption bills is yours, not of your landlord.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu