Meaning of sworn affidavit with ref to perjury

Respected Experts,

What I understand is Perjury can be filed only on sworn affidavit. Now what is the meaning of Sworn affidavit ? Normal reply with affidavit filed by wife can be considered sufficient for filing Perjury if she has lied in it or Husband should wait for her Examination in chief ?

(I have been suggested by lawyers to wait for examination in chief. However, i wish to file it at earlier based on her written statement which is also on affidavit.)

Kindly suggest.

Incomplete information to form an opinion and advise.

You have already stated to have engaged an able, competent and intelligent lawyer, follow his/her guidance.
In this circumstances seeking obligation of experts, although FREE OF COST, may not be fruitful and/or may result disastrous

Disclose your identity, as an anonymous author may not be obliged by experts as per rule of this platform.

Respected Vashista Sir,

I have no where said that I have engaged lawyers. No where stated that they are able, competent and intelligent.

I think I have given complete information to form an opinion.
My question is only that whether Perjury can be filed by Husband in Guardian and Wards act if wife has gave false statement on point of substance in her reply with affidavit or Husband should wait till she files Examination in chief ?

Also let me know what identity and related proofs u need from my side ? It is sufficient if instead of "Annonymous", I give some "XYZ" user id for yr satisfaction or u need my complete contact details ? Only reason people prefer to remain "Annonymous" is just because they dont want to make their story public and also opp. party who might also be using this platform should not be knowing his / her strategy in advance.

Pls don't feel my reply offensive. I have high regards for all you experts who have made this platform live for needful people like us by sparing their valuable time to give their input without charging anything from us.

Thanks.

×