Housing society likage repair

This query is : Resolved 

16 July 2019

There is likage problem and 2 years before as per society instruction we repair our bathroom by using assigned contarctor from society. After repir also likage not sttoped and later it stooped because it was from our neighbouring flat. Now again there is likage and society is behind us to repair base on their assumption. My flat is not on likage spot and down of our flat there is parking and no house. What is law says about this who is responsible to pay for the same.

Read more at: http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Repair-demand-from-society-201982.asp

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
21 July 2019

1. IF the Flat is in Maharashtra, THEN under the provisions of the Model Bye Laws, adopted by the Society, the Leakage repair costs have to be shared by both the affected parties (upper floor and lower floor), in EQUAL ratio.
2. IF you have already rectified the leakage, THEN inform the Society, to appoint an registered structural engineer, to survey and identify the leakage and let the society repair the same and on successful leakage stoppage, you both flat owners can pay to the society. Do this thru a proper legal notice to the society.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu