Disown procedure

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
13 February 2020

A person wants to disown his father as he has not came home from last two months and has took various loans and various family members has complaints against him. Due to that all the family members are facing problems due to the calls of the creditors continuously. They have tried various measures to stop this but its being continue from past 5 years. what is the procedure to disown his own father?
If public notice is sufficient?
Does public notice require Affidavit of son?

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
13 February 2020

Public notice duly published in the two local newspapers is sufficient for disowning of his father by the son.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
13 February 2020

Yes. Public notice shall be published in the largest circulated News papers for disowning of his father.

R.K Nanda (Expert)
14 February 2020

public notice of disowning of father by son in 2 leading newspapers of ur state is must.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)
15 February 2020

nothing more to add since query is answered sufficiently

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)
21 February 2020

There is no provision in law for disowning the father and son relationship.
However the son can give a public notice in any local newspaper disclaiming the liabilities of his father who is reportedly missing for a long time and that he the son is not answerable for all the personal debts and liabilities the missing father ws indebted to various persons.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x