About filing complaint before the department of justice doj

This query is : Resolved 

14 February 2020

Respected Experts,
Hon'ble judge is delaying preliminary inquiry pursuant of my Application U/s.340 (1) of Cr. P. C.with the effect would be Accused protected almost laps of 2 years. Therefore I want file complaint before Department of Justice, Hon'ble Bombay High Court.
Kindly inform me the address of the office of the Department of Justice (DOJ)
Yours Truly

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
14 February 2020

Dear querist,

The address is

Bombay High Court, Mumbai,
Fort, Mumbai.


Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
14 February 2020

Marol Naka, Mathuradas Vasanji Road, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)
15 February 2020

1. you can approach the Joint Secretary (ST), DOJ, India (Jsst_doj@gov.in)
2. official address is

Jaisalmer House
26, Mansingh Road, New Delhi-110001
3. visit https://doj.gov.in for detailed information

15 February 2020

Dear Sir,
You may lodge complaint with the following authority
Bombay High Court rgsid-bhc@nic.in
From the DoJ Guidelines (PDF file), the relevant information about grievances against judiciary has been extracted and given below:
1. Department of Justice (DOJ) receives large number of grievances from citizens through online CPGRAMS portal and on e.mail of the officers. DoJ also receives grievances through Presidents Secretariat/Vice Presidents Secretariat/PMO/Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances/other Ministries/Departments & also directly. While majority of the grievances are related to judiciary, grievances relating to other Ministries/Departments in the Central Government and pertaining to State Governments/Union Territories are also sent to us. The grievances related to judiciary are handled in the Department of Justice and the grievances pertaining to other Departments/Ministries/State Governments/UTs are forwarded to the offices concerned. The following guidelines relating to disposal of grievances in the Department of Justice are communicated for information/guidance/benefit of grievance holders:
2. Grievances related to judiciary are forwarded to the Secretary General Supreme Court of India/Registrar General of the concerned High Court for further action, as appropriate.
3. Any Grievance related to verdicts of the Courts are not handled as a grievance. Such grievance holders are advised to seek appropriate legal remedy in the appropriate Court of Law as per rules. Grievances related to the verdicts of the Courts will be filed in the Department of Justice. Grievances relating to procedure of the Court or matters purely judicial in nature, can be resolved through Court of Law only. Such grievances will be filed in Department of Justice.
4. Grievances relating to Judges of Supreme Court are forwarded to the Chief Justice of India and grievances related to Judges of the High Courts are forwarded to Chief Justice of the concerned High Courts for appropriate action. (As the Judiciary is independent, Government does not ask for action taken report nor sends reminders to them. Grievance holders are advised to seek information from the concerned Courts directly in this regard).
5. Disposal of pending case (s) in court (s) is within the domain of Judiciary, which is an independent organ of the State under the Constitution of India. Government of India does not interfere in the functioning of the Judiciary / proceedings in courts as pendency of a Court Case is subjudice matter which is under consideration of the court.
6. In case of any grievance relating to undue delay in judgement or unfair judgement or miscarriage of justice, the petitioner is advised to resort to judicial remedy by filing appeal or any other proceedings before the appropriate Court of Law within the prescribed time limit.
7. As per the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court of India related to grievances/complaints against members of the Subordinate Judiciary, it is clarified that such grievances are to be accompanied with a duly sworn affidavit and verifiable material to substantiate the allegations made therein. Such grievances, alongwith sworn affidavit, need to be sent directly to the Registrar General of the concerned High Court.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
15 February 2020

The author has required only the address of the concerned authority which otherwise is available online.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)
16 February 2020

You can even file a writ petition before high court seeking direction to the concerned judge for an expeditious or speedy disposal of the case pending before him.
If you suspect the judge to be delaying the subject matter with intentions malafide, you may even give a complaint to the Registrar of high court in this regard with evidence.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x