Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 19 June 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir/Madame
My mother belongs to schedule tribes,she married to my father,he was muslim by religion,As my Grandfather(Mother's father)has been passed away,as a legal heirs my mother got some land on her part,as my mother name has been entered as given before the marriage,after my mother name entered in 7/12,my name also entered in the said land,as i belongs to muslim the 73AA is still aplicable in this said land.Is it possible to remove the applicable 73AA law from the said land.This land is in Gujarat,we are from Gujarat.plz advise.thanx
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 23 June 2014
Your mother can transfer the land to your name as a gift deed or settlement. Once you inherit the property, it becomes your own property, however for further local issues, you can contact a local lawyer for more opinion to this issue.
P. Venu (Expert) 24 June 2014
Status of Scheduled Tribe is not based religion. You still belong to ST in spite of the apparent change in religion.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query