498a dp 4 & 6

This query is : Resolved 

26 November 2012

MM court of City of Great Hyderabad is making both parties to attend court since last Nov 2011 even though both 498a parties compromised in writing. Court Initially told 90 observations, then extended due PP unavailability, then again extended 90 days due compromised signed papers missing? Every time some reason for next date???

My counsel as well as PP says that DP act 4 & 6 are main section than 498 so it can't be compromised? Hence possible delays.

Does this mean husband & wife should not be compromised & living together as earlier wife booked case under 498a 4&6 sections ???

Experts please reply.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
26 November 2012

Go to the high court and get the case quashed by both of you.It would not take more than a week.

Victor (Querist)
26 November 2012

Thanks for the reply, Lower court sundry expenses are pretty high. Is that mean HC unexplained expenses would be general atleast 5 times more than lower court for putting up quash case???

Guest (Expert)
27 November 2012

Both the parties should file a petition for quashing in the HC as they are willing to compromise. The HC would not take long to quash the proceedings. The expenses would only be the legal fees of the HC lawyer.

Ashish Davessar

Supreme Court of India
Punjab and Haryana High Court

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)
27 November 2012

even either of you can go for quashing, but better you both goes, in the high court, expenses are quite high but it will save your time and marriad lefe as well

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
28 November 2012

Ashish has wisely replied your query.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu