Writing a will allotting share of property

I understand that a person can write a will as per his wish with respect to his self-earned property.If so, please answer the following query:
I am 60 years old and possess a house(worth of Rs. 20 lakhs) and a plot(worth of Rs. 3 lakhs).These properties were bought by me out of my self-earned money.I have a son and a daughter and both are married.I WANT TO WRITE A WILL ALLOTTING 99% OF MY PROPERTY VALUE TO MY SON AND 1% OF MY PROPERTY VALUE TO MY DAUGHTER AFTER MY DEATH AND MY WIFE'S DEATH.Can I write such a will?

Rajendran

KAMARAJ BHARATHY GOnline (Expert)

Dear Rajendran,
you can make a will in 99:1 ratio. but have to indicate that after your death the possession of the entire property should go to your wife and she has no right to transfere the propety and she has right to enjoy the possession of the property till her life. If you want further detail you can contact in 91 98942 99192

PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert)

Mr. Kamraj is absolutely right

×