LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Woman;s rights to grand father;s property

(Querist) 13 October 2008 This query is : Resolved 
My mother was born along with 7 more members (2 elder b'thers, 2 elder sisters, 1 younger sister and 2 younger b'ther). We have a property to be divided between us and need assitance on the same. The property was actually belongs by my mother's grand father during a property split between my mother’s grand father and his bother. He left the property without any will, my mom's father was the only son to my mom's grand father. My mom's father also died in the year 1999 leaving his wife and 8 children. My mom's mother also died in the year 2007. Let us know if my mother is also egible for equal share of the property as her bothers
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 13 October 2008
yes your mother is entitled for her share, if she is belong to HINDU undivided family,
as per Section 6 of Hindu Succession ACT 1956


1) Siddappa V Laxmi Bai 1965(1) MYS LJ 625

and now the female are having birth right to ask for theire share means they are coparcenres by birth
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 14 October 2008
Yes, your mother is entitled for equal share.
Guest (Expert) 05 November 2008
Yes, your mother is entitled for equal share.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query