25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

validity of Will

(Querist) 09 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 

In last month my fatherin law expired, i am his daughter in law. He made a WILL, in our absence. Now we came to know that he made me nominee of the whole property i.e. one house and some bank F.D. (i dont' know the details of bank a/c) But the main issue is that he hasn't signed on the will.

my husband has only on brother and his wife.I am having one son and one daughter.

now they are asking me for their share. So what is the legal remedy. firstly tell the validity of the Will.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 09 January 2009
I think there is no value of that Will as it doesn't consists the signatures of the testator/executant, who was ur father in law.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 09 January 2009
For further details u can contact me at : rakhibudhiraja@gmail.com
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 09 January 2009
I agree with MR. Rakhi,

without signing of the testator you cant get anything under that will

Your husaband and his brother has equal right of that property and FD.

sanjeev desai
Vinjamuri Venkata Rao (Expert) 09 January 2009


A will without signature of the exetutent is no value in the eye of law.

you may forget about the will.
you may serch for a will , if any Registered in Register office. if it is found let me know for forther clarification.

Pl contact if any doubt.
Ashey (Expert) 03 April 2009
your FIL properties are dispossed off as per the Law of Succession
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 08 April 2009
That so called subject will do not have legal validity as it is unregistered and not signed by executant/testator. As far as immovable property concern, it will be divided within as per Hindu succession law and as far as securities debts, bank a/c and fixed deposits concern , you have to obtain succession certificate from the court which will be enable you to get those money.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query