LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vakalatnama to new lawyer without revoking the first one.

(Querist) 20 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Is it permissible to provide a Vakalatnama to a new lawyer without withdrawing the one given to the existing lawyer? If I choose to do so, can the existing advocate object in court? Alternatively, is it possible to proceed with the permission of the existing lawyer?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 April 2024
you can issue a notice to the previous lawyer that you have terminated his services/vakalatnama and keep the copy of the same to produce before court if proceeded through a new lawyer
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 20 April 2024
Without information to the previous lawyer, you proceed for an alternative is not correct.
P. Venu (Expert) 26 April 2024
What are the facts? What is the context?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now