LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Upsc exam

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected sir,
I want to ask that in my 10th marksheet my mother's name is written as BANDANA SINHA whereas her original name is BANDNA SINHA . There is only a letter mistake and in all my other documents it is written correctly. Will there be any objection while applying for UPSC ???
And if yes what is the solution?
P. Venu (Expert) 24 June 2021
Such small discrepancies are of no consequences. Substantial aspects of scrutiny would be your date of birth, qualification and antecedents.. Other information, if at all, sought are only incidental.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 24 June 2021
Thank you sir.
In case of any problem what can I do sir??
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 24 June 2021
It is not a major mistake. For the safe side, you have to obtain a Notarised Affidavit regarding the correct name. The Notary will prepare the affidavit. You have to pay fees.
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 25 June 2021
agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments, so far

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 26 June 2021
Since you are so much worried about this petty error in the name of your mother, you may better follow the procedures for name change.
You can prepare a n affidavit duly notarised and get the same published in the local newspaper, attach the copies of these documents, if necessary, along with your application for UPSC examinations.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 June 2021
Concentrate your attention for the examination forgetting minor spelling discrepancy.
Best wishes
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 June 2021
Thank you so much sir...

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query