Transfer of tenancy rights in pagdi system

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
31 July 2019

My Maternal Grandmother stayed in a Pagdi system house in Mumbai along with my divorced Aunt. The Rent Receipt had both their names on it. Now that my Grandmother is no more, my Aunt wants to add my Mother's name in the rent receipt so that the landlord doesn't get the house after her death. Is that possible or no ? What options does my aunt have in respect to selling the house or transferring the tenancy rights to my mother ? The Landlord is aware that my Grandmother is no more and might take advantage of the situation. We just want to make sure that either my Aunt is able to sell the house or someone after her ( my mother ) gets the tenancy rights.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
01 August 2019

Tenancy rights is not a permanent solution.If the landlord is willing to continue the tenancy, he may take action to get it back.Of course yopu can negotite with the pagadi amount and settle.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
19 August 2019

1. Pagdi houses CANNOT be sold by the Tenants, simply because Tenants are not the owners of the Pagdi house.

2. Landlord can be requested to transfer the rent receipt to Mothers name in place of GM, and prudently he should not have any objections, ELSE you can file civil suit in the local civil court, for the same.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



IPC Grand Course     |    x