LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of employees

(Querist) 05 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 
can a man working in private employment be transferred to another place when at present his wife is a government employee and their employment is at the same place.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 December 2023
In private employment, the question of transfer does not arise. If the private employment is a private company and has a branch at the place where your wife is working, you can request your employer to transfer on spouse grounds.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 05 December 2023
Spousal place transfer cannot be claimed as a right even by the government employees.
Your subject is that whether there can be a spousal transfer rights between the spouses who are working in government service and private sector.
It cannot be claimed a a right, however if the private employer accedes to the request of his employee, he may consider the same on humanitarian grounds.
P. Venu (Expert) 07 December 2023
Yes, there is no such right even when both the spouses happen to be Government employees, however, there are some liberal norms to be followed in such cases.

In the instant case, the private employer is bound by such norms. Still then, the transfer of the husband is ground for seeking transfer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now