Tokem advance refund by tenant

Hi, one of my 2bhk got vacated and on March 3rd a person gave me token advance of 20,000 rs and say he wil move on 5th April now when on 3rd April I called him he is saying he will mmove on April 22nd and he will pay me rent from April 22nd not April 1ST

When I said I blocked house for one month and cannot take loss of 2 month he is insisting to return token amount now wht to do I am at huge loss during this pandemic I have loans on house to pay

No legal elements involved in this query. However, it is your wish. If you do not agree with the tenant who will move on April 22nd and also give rent from 22nd, return his amount on what mutual agreement done between both of you.

Manjunath cvOnline (Querist)

When he came on mar 3rd he gave 20k token adv and said he will move on April 5th and count rent from April 1st now he changed his stance... I lost tenants and apri; 4th now I will be at loss for complete month.... Shud how can I return his token which is one month rent....

It's just oral agreement nothing else is done.... Is it possible to forfeit

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

its a concern of mutual understanding between the parties

×