LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susupension of sentence

(Querist) 13 March 2014 This query is : Resolved 
A person has convicted U/s 363, 376 IPC for 7 years imprisonment vide order dated 10.07.2013, An appeal was preferred in High Court which has been admitted on 11.09.2013. does a bail application u/S 439 CrPc lies in High Court or simply an application for suspension of sentence U/s 482 CrPc pending the appeal would suffice? Convict was arrested on 25.12.12, arrested after FIR was registered.
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 14 March 2014
less than 3yrs of punishment, you can file suspension of sentence petition can file, more than 3yrs of punishment you can file bailable petition.
S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Expert) 14 March 2014
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 14 March 2014
The petitioner/accused should enlarge himself on bail.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 15 April 2014
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 15 April 2014
When the sentence is suspended, you need not get a bail.

If the sentence is not suspended, you have to apply for a bail.

What is the current status? he is on bail or not?
If he is on bail, what is the condition for the bail, which was granted by the trial court.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 29 July 2014

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query