IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 27 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
my wife father in law marriage two lady. First had left and born two girl childern(just Married) and 2nd has 3childern
first mother children 2nd mother not like and not taking care after death of father
pls suggest what should we do and if we put a case for justice in the court for property dispute can we have?

pls help us the grand mother-in-law is also not leaving her son's house.


adv.ranchi (Expert) 27 July 2008
Legally, second marriage is illegal and hence the second wife has no status in the eyes of Law, so far as Hindus are concerned.

However, children of illegal and legal marriage both have same rights.
As such, in case of partition, all the said 5 children will have equal share.

Anyone can bring in a partition suit for the same.

Adv. Ashutosh

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query