LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subverting the order of gratuity order.

(Querist) 01 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
The controlling authority passed an aaward for payment of gratuity with interest. The Management made a settlement with the employee to get the award amount alone under section 18(1) of the Industrial disputes Act.The payment of gratuity Act overriding act under section 14.The controlling authority did not accept the settlement as it subvert the process of Gratuity act stating that it amounts to unfair labour practice.what is the way out to get the interest deprived from the employer ?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 March 2024
A civil suit for recovery of the interest portion may be filed by interpreting the law involved in this in the manner you understood and convince court to take the case on its files.
Let them come out with their defence, you can challenge them on the basis of legal facts and fight for the relief sought.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 05 March 2024
The controlling authority has to close and dispose the case before it, if this irregularity has been noted then the authorities may not be able to dispose the case.
Therefore the compromise between the management and the employee is regardless if it is not in accordance with the law of the land.
Now the management has to either settle the matter as per the original orders or the management can refer an appeal agaisnt the interest portion alone because the award amount has since been settled.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now