LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Substitution of complainant

(Querist) 19 March 2008 This query is : Resolved 
A public servant files a criminal complaint in his official capacity. On his transfer, can his successor become the complainant.
Manish Singh (Expert) 19 March 2008
Yes, his successor becomes the complainant.
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 19 March 2008
A public servant is never a complainanat in individual capacity- it is the office who is the complainant. Thus the successor in the office will pursue the complainant.
ashok jain (Querist) 24 March 2008
Thanks. Is it necessary to file a formal application for substitution of complainant( by the Officer who had originally filed the complainant on behalf of his office)
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 15 June 2008
Yes, his successor can become the complainant by filing an application in this regard.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 27 June 2008
along with the petition you have to file the document showing his authority to represent the company.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 20 February 2017
i agree with the experts

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query