LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

stuck with wrong person in marriage

(Querist) 28 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Hi.. I need help.. I got married in Dec.,2006 with a guy in Mumbai through a matrimonial website. I stay in Delhi.. The profile shown on website was fake.. He was divorcee but shown as unmarried, educational qualification shown was fake.. Even he lost the job during intervening period of engagement n marriage but they never disclosed all this to us.. He told about his job lost to me after one month of our marriage when he got new job.. Other facts get discovered later on.. After marriage I found he is a very shaakkii person. He n his family never allowed me to talk any neighbor and keep on saying, ‘’our locality is not good , people over here r not good’’.. He uses to lie for very small things as well as on big issues…he used to abuse me and my relatives.. I used to remain always in my room n never allowed to talk anybody or go alone anywhere.. I complaint his parents they support him only n her mother use to say to me, ‘’u r a girl n u have to bear n at least he is not beating u’’… I came to my parents when he raped me n tried to make me pregnant against my wish… now I m staying with my parents for last nine months… they never call us to take me back.. Even if my parents call they use to say either signs the divorce paper or I have to live on their terms… I m stocked…
My father say take divorce n start new…
Mom says how we can let anybody ruined our daughter life like this… she should fight n stay there with all human rights..
I want … I want to see all of them behind the bars….
I don’t know what to do… kindly give a legal advice…

i want to know whether i can fight case from delhi.. or i have to go to mumbai each time...
Guest (Expert) 28 April 2008
Your query has already been answered by Harbhajan Thukral Sa'ab.

You can certainly fight your case from Delhi. You need not go to Mumbai.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 17 June 2008
File a suit for declaring your marriage voidable on the ground of fraud made by them against you.
Lodge a criminal case of fraud against them.
File a case under Domestic Violence Act.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :