Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stolen property

(Querist) 19 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I am working in gold laon finance company
i want to know the rules regaring acceptance of theft gold as pledge my questions are

1. Some of the police officeres were not ready to issue seizure receipts while they are taking the gold

2. whether it is possible to file claim pettition in this regard in the court

Manish Singh (Expert) 21 April 2008
You can not pledge any instrument which is of stolen nature or so since it is an unlawful object for consideration, as the case may be.
But if police is confiscating the said gold, they are bound to produce seizure certificate otherwise they can misappropiate the same.
yes, you can file a complaint to the magistrate in this regard.But ts better to inform and ask for appropiate actions from the senior officials first.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :