LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stay on the notice by landlord.

(Querist) 07 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 

My friend is living in a rented house for the past three yrs.
Now his landlord has given him notice to vacant the house in three months after the last agreement finished off.
But due to financial non-availability to rent in at some other place, he don't want to leave the house and want to extend the agreement for another year.
Landlord is not ready to do so.
could he get any kind of legal help on that like to get a stay on the notice.
He has also recently spent a handsome money on white washing of the house as his landlord refused to do so. Can he get any benefit for the money so spent in case he has to leave the house..
..Pls reply earliest.

thanks in advance.......
Guest (Expert) 07 April 2008
Dear Mr. Ashish,

Since you say that your friend is under financial crisis, I'd suggest your friend to vacate the house without further delay.

The money that he spent on whitewashing the house can be readily 'adjusted' with the rent.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query