LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

status of child after divorce

(Querist) 13 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
If a woman with a child gets divorce and remarries, then what would be the name of child's father in school etc? The name of first husband or the second husband?
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 14 August 2008
The biological father would be the first husband only. But for the sake of the school records the second husband name can be given if the permanent custody of the child is given to the mother.
K.C.Suresh (Expert) 14 August 2008
Dear Vijay,
The first hus or the actual one. It is better for such children use the mothers name in the school list. With regards
Guest (Expert) 14 August 2008
It is always the name of divorced father. or the father who is the creator of the child.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 14 August 2008
First of all tell me whether ur present husband had adopted ur child legally or not. If yes, then there is no problem, ur second husband would be known as his father & if not, then first of all ur husband should give a publication in two news papers declaring that ur husband got married with u and he is the legal father of ur child now. Thereafter he would be treated as a father of ur child.
For further quarry u can contact:
Vijay Kumar (Querist) 14 August 2008
Sir, if mother's name is used, there is danger of the child being ridiculed and resultantly developing inferiority complex.
If the mother gets permanent alimony for the rest of her life, does the minor child forfeit his right in the property belonging to his biological father?
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 16 August 2008
No the right of the child cannot be forfeited though the mother is getting permanent alimony. If the child attains majority and he executes a relinqushment deed then its a separate issue.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 16 August 2008
If the second husband adopts that child he can give his name as a adoptive father otherwise first husbands name will remain.
Vijay Kumar (Querist) 17 August 2008
Thank you Sirs.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 19 August 2008
In all records the name of the father of the child would be of first husband.
Divorce has broken the matrimonial relations between husband and wife not the relations between father and child.
Vijay Kumar (Querist) 19 August 2008
very apt reply. thank you, sir.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 26 September 2008
Mr.Sanjay,it is a very outstanding replay

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query