Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Solemnisation of marriage"

(Querist) 08 September 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Is it legal for any judicial officers or other State Officers to solemnized marriage under Special Marriage Act 1954,even though such Officers have not been appointed as Marriage Officer by the State government under section 3 of the Act?If a party solemnized a marriage before such officers who is not a Marriage Officer, are such marriage null and void? Can there be any legal action against such Officers who exercise power without being conferred by the State under the act?
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 08 September 2008
It is illegal.A marriage under this Act should be followed by the prescribed procedure.Otherwise such marriage will be null and void.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query