FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sister want their share

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir,

we are a family of four brothers and three sister.

my father expired in the yr 1983, the probate of the will was obtained in 1986, and in the year 1999 the house where we currently live was transferred from my fathers huf to his four sons and my mother, this was done because in the will my father had written that his daughters dont have CLAIM INTREST AND SHARE in his estates in the property(also he had mentioned in the will that he would like to give his 1/6th share in the property to four of his sons). also we had orally partitioned in the year 1999 (we have no papers supporting the same) our house and place where each member would stay though there are no walls supporting the same

now my sisters are threatening to claim their right in the said property because of the amendment in the year 2005, can they do it ?

kindly help as we dont not want them to claim their right

thank you

also please note the property in question was given to my father's huf via will by my grand father
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 20 November 2012
No the amendments of 2005 are prospective and not retrospective.


Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query