Share transfer

This query is : Resolved 

19 December 2011

Dear All,

Mr. X wants to gift his shares to Y his son. Is stamp duty and share transfer form needs to be complied? Or only a gift deed will do? Kindly advise.


ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
19 December 2011

are you still holding shares in physical form ?

The stamp duty payable for share transfer form of gifted shares would be @ 25 paise for every Rs. 100 or part thereof, of the face value or the market value of the shares prevailing as on the date of the document, if any, conveying the gift or the date of execution of the transfer deed, whichever is higher.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
19 December 2011

If the shares are in the de mat mode. then the shares can be transferred to you as ur father's wish through his de mat a/c. for that both the transferer and transferee must have a de mat a/c.

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
19 December 2011

I fully agree with Mr.Sethi.

Shailesh Kr. ShahOnline (Expert)
19 December 2011

I also agree with Mr.Sethi.

Heaven 2011 (Querist)
20 December 2011

The shares are in physical form. Will only the gift do?

Shailesh Kr. ShahOnline (Expert)
20 December 2011

what do you want to ask?

Mr. Ajay Sethi answer adequately.

Sunlawseeker (Expert)
20 December 2011

Mr.Sethi is correct. Moreover, If Mr.X still having shares in physical form, then he has to convert them into DEMAT form by opening a DEMAT account with a share broker. Thereafter he can simply transfer to his son Mr.Y.

DEMAT to DEMAT transfer is very simple.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x