LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Service Tax

(Querist) 02 April 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Hi. I have appointed a consultant for doing a particular job (auditing). He charges me his professional fees, alongwith it he also charges me his msc expense incurred in attending to that task. In such a case does service tax be attracted, if so then under which section of the service tax act?
A V Vishal (Expert) 02 April 2009
Dear Kashmira:

If the Professional bill is inclusive of the reimbursements, then the whole bill will attract Service Tax. I presume that you mean consultant(Auditor) to be a qualified person under the ICAI viz a CA, Please refer to S 105(s)of the service tax Act
DON BOSCO Proprietor of DON As (Expert) 03 April 2009
i agreed with Mr.Vishal for the purpose of auditing or a consultancy charges whatever the amount collected from you he has to pay ST. if he charging like purchase of account books he need not to charge service tax on that
Hiralal Das (Expert) 03 April 2009
I agree with my Ld. Friends' opinions.
Guest (Expert) 04 April 2009
Is he giving any bill for these mentioning his service tax registration no. is the first question, if not how will you take credit.

If he has not include misc. expenses in bill, then you cannot take cerdit for those payments.
tarun goyal (Expert) 13 April 2009
kindly go through the service tax noktification no.25/2006-ST dated 13.7.2006

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query