LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seeking legal guidance for appraisal dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Subject: Seeking Legal Guidance for Appraisal Dispute

Dear Corporate Legal Experts,

I trust this message finds you well. I am reaching out seeking guidance on a matter of professional concern. I am an employee at [Your Company], currently stationed at a project site in the western part of India. My annual appraisal for the fiscal year 2023 has resulted in an "Under Performed" rating, which has consequently made me ineligible for the Employee Retention Award as per company policy.

Despite meeting the annual targets and providing evidence to support my performance, my supervisor has given me this rating without providing any substantial reasoning. Feeling aggrieved by this decision, I believe it necessitates legal intervention.

In light of the above, I seek your advice on the following:

Filing Location:

Should I file a petition against my boss at the Pune Head Office (where my pay slip is generated) or at the local court nearest to our current project site?
Time Limitations:

Are there any time limitations or deadlines for filing such a case?
I am committed to seeking a fair resolution to this matter and would appreciate your valuable guidance to navigate this process effectively.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 February 2024
You have repeated the same question twice today in the forum section and again in this experts section too, however my reply is given below:
Before escalating the matter through legal forum, you may submit a representation to the top management for its intervention and to redress your grievance. If that is not fetching the desired results then you may approach the legal forum within the jurisdiction where you are employed.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 March 2024
Thank you sir for the time and advice.
I want to file online writ petition at Udaipur district court.
Kindly share e-mail/website so that I can file it online in prescribed format


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now