LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale agreement

(Querist) 03 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I have gone into an sale agreement with a person, wherein he had made it out in a language not know to me. I have signed it after some time I did not go for any registration of the sale agreement. I want to know will that sale agreement be valid even thou it is not registered. Can I cancel the same. Please advise.
Julie (Querist) 03 May 2008
give me advise
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 04 May 2008
let it be known that in what context the sale agreement is?
if it is in context of the immovable property like some plot or house etc. then ur agreement need not be registered but for the transfer of such property there has to be registered sale deed.
However such an agreement can be specifically enforced if any of the parties resile from the content.
Since u can not display the contents of the agreement here I must advise u to visit some local lawyer who shall explain the things to you. Do it immediately and dont be complacent.
TSBehera (Expert) 04 May 2008
If you have a copy get it translated into your own language understand fully.If you disagree better to see a lawyer immediately.Moreover it is not understood if you are a seller or purchaser?Whether sale agreement for immovable property?If you are the purchaser and it pertains to immovable property you put a petition before Sub registrar about your objections asking not to register the agreement signed by you wrongly on presentation by seller.Thanks
Manish Singh (Expert) 05 May 2008
If you dont agree with the terms and conditions after the translation, do not let it registered. You can not be enforced into the contract since there was misrepresentation an there was no consensus ad idem.
try to make a cancellation deed immediately.
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 05 May 2008
As the nature of the agreemnt is not clear, no answer can be given. Better u see a lawyer as advised by Kiran.
Julie (Querist) 09 May 2008
Thanks for the advise. It really helped.
Ashey (Expert) 03 April 2009
As the nature of the agreemnt is not clear, no answer can be given. Better u see a lawyer as advised by Kiran.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
Thanks all of you the ld. members.
I think your valuable opinion will assist the author to solve the matter in question properly.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query