LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reverse / credit of charges from co-operative society.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sirs / Madam:
With regards to above subject. I had a 2 wheeler for which my housing society was charging Rs.300/- p m in my flat's maintenance bill. In June, I had shifted my bike to my native place. I forgot to inform my society about the same so the maintenance bill carried parking charges till September. Just, last week (September end), I informed them about my 2 wheeler being shifted since June. I requested them in writing to reverse / credit the amount of Rs.900/- (July, August & September) in my upcoming maintenance bill. But, the committee members are saying that the credit / reverse of parking charges cannot be done as it is old thing so it will not be done. I requested them that it is just recent 3 months. They are not giving any logical or technical reason. I think that they are actually not willing to do the reversal of charges.
Please suggest what best can be done so I can get the necessary credit / reversal of parking charges ? Am I actually right in requesting for reversal of parking charges ?
Note: No rule has been passed in any AGM about not Refunding/ crediting / reversing any charges to members of the society.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 October 2021
Immediately complain to the Dy. Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies of your district marking a copy to RERA.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 06 October 2021
What is policy framed by members on the subject .
Just forget the amount paid, if so.
No legal issue is involved in the query for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform.
KISHAN DUTT RETD JUDGE (Expert) 06 October 2021
Dear Sir,
I agree with the Expert Kavksatyanarayana and also go through the policy framed by your Society as advised by Dr. J.C. Vashista.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query