LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Request for advise.

(Querist) 21 November 2018 This query is : Resolved 
With reference on the subject cited above, in this connection it is intimated that I have purchased a flat in Punjab after getting sanctioned loan amounting to Rs. 20 lacs from PNB Housing Finance, Chandigarh and the flat is registered in Zirakpur Tehsil Office after paying Stamp Duty and Registration fee as fixed by the Punjab Govt.. At the time of purchasing the flat the Dealer has intimated us that you have not to pay sewerage connection and water connection charges which they have already paid and at present after purchasing the flat the dealer has intimated that you have to pay sewerage and water connection charges in Municipal Office, Zirakpur (Punjab). At the time of built of flats sewerage connection and water connection is already paid by the dealer then why we have to pay these charges on independent basis. This flat is not under the jurisdiction of RERA.
Please advise us. What can I do. Pay charges or not.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 21 November 2018
Dear Sir,
It all depends on the closures of the agreement you have entered into with the builder.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 21 November 2018
Payment with regards to sewerage and water connection made by builder/dealer must be documented, take copy of the receipt from the dealer and challenge the claim made once again from you by Municipality.
This as simple for which you require nothing else.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 November 2018
The dealer informed in writing or verbally before buying, after buying.
Check from MC if all said charges are paid.

If dealer agrees get copy issued by authority/MC for charges that are paid and check in O/o authority/MC.

Then remind the dealer for his statement of payment before buying.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 November 2018
'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.
It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.
This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

This applies in matters in your query also.

Your counsel can draft the agreement and deed also so as to suit your long term interest.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 November 2018
You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influnecial persons etc and find a very able LOCAL counsel/Law firm specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Consumer/Revenue /Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs, evidences on record.
One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.
Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.
There are such very able counsels at each location.
Check for such counsels at SC …
If you or your father is determined to take chance and approach Apex Court, and spend for FEE and expenses, go ahead.
You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Consumer/Revenue/CIVIL matters.
Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for financial matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.
K.K.Ganguly (Expert) 23 November 2018
1. If you have already got the flat registered in your name and got possession thereof with all facilities like el;ecticity and water supply and if there is nothing mentioned in the sale deed or agreement for sale about payment on account of sewerage and water connection, then you are not bound to pay the said amount asked by the seller.

2. However, it is important to peruse the sale deed and the sale agreement for properly advising on the matter.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 November 2018
@ Sunil Kumar,
As a law student you have been misusing this platform and LCI Admin have failed to notice whereas similar questions have already been posted by you, few of them are:

Sunil Kumar LAW STUDENT Member Since : 09 May 2014 (Chandigarh )
asked a query in Experts Request for advise in banks's matter.
asked a query in Experts Regarding purchasing of plot.
asked a query in Experts Registry
asked a query in Experts Passing of map of residential house.
asked a query in Experts Request for giving advise.
asked a query in Experts Request for advice.
asked a query in Experts Request for suggestion regarding getting risk cover of pnb met life insurance policy.
asked a query in Experts Fraud by some unknown accused.
asked a query in Experts Request letter.
asked a query in Experts Fraud case.

Read more at: http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=275352
Why donot you ask such questions from your tutor ?
It is abuse of this platform.
How many more ?????
Sunil Kumar (Querist) 06 December 2018
Dr. J.C. Vashishta Ji, Good Afternoon, Sir, I am not a law student . I am a sufferer by the Builders so that I can contact you if you not wishes to reply my question then I will never approach you.


Sunil Kumar

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :