Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

remarriage after divorce

(Querist) 22 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Hi all
Decree of divorce granted by the Court on a petition filed by the husband. Decree also confirmed by the High Court.Now the person wants to remarry.Queries:
1. How long will he have to wait until he can get married.?
2.In the meantime SLP before the SC also filed which is yet to be heard. Whether now marriage can be proceeded with after the SLP is being registered and yet to be heard??
3. IS there any right to appeal before the Supreme Court under the Hindu Marriage Act , 1955 ?

Please note that both the parties are Hindu. thanks in advance.
Suryanarayana Tangirala (Expert) 22 April 2010
wait till SLP is disposed of,On can file SLP aggrieved by orders passed by High court.
Akhilesh Kumar (Expert) 23 April 2010
Dear Friend you have to wait till the decision of the hon'ble supreme court.Anyone can file appeal before hon'ble supreme court agrrieved by the decision of Hon,ble High court of any state.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 April 2010
I concur with akhilesh
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 28 April 2010
You can remarry, there are lots of judgments in this regard.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query