LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Related to wife dispute

(Querist) 18 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
My wife has a job and has gone to live away from me without my consent. Her parents took my consent in a very smart way I agreed under pressure just to avoid fight. Now, I suspect that when she left, she took the gold belonging to the groom’s side from the cupboard. If she comes back and claim that the groom side gold is missing, what should I do? Does she have a right to that gold? How can I legally protect myself on the day they come to take the gold from our side? She hasn't provided her address either. Should I ask her office where she is staying? Please help.
One more query - She also sent message saying that we can never live together again and suggested me to consider marrying someone else.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 June 2024
Did she take away groom side gold or her side gold?
If she has taken away her own golden articles, you cannot claim or stop her from doing so.
If you feel that it will not be possible to continue the married life with her anymore, you may decide to file a divorce case and ask her to give her consent for mutual consent divorce.
AMIT KUMAR (Querist) 18 June 2024
groom side in a secret way I guess
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 June 2024
If the gold is from your side, you can amicably take your side's gold. You both mutually file a divorce case if you want to live separately.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 19 June 2024
The details you have furnished in the initial post and the subsequent post do not reveal proper details, hence you may better confide in your own advocate and proceed as suggested by your advocate based on the facts and details that you may reveal to him/her in person for necessary relief and remedy.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now