LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Registration of a trust

(Querist) 16 January 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I want to got register our social organisation as a charitable trust,i am a resident of Haryana,what procedure i have to adopt& in which department i have to apply,we are providing free medical services for needy persons,plz enlighten.Thanks
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 17 January 2009
Dear Vinod Bansal,

Firstly You have cancelled the registered social organisation

Secondly have execute the Trust Deed, and it should be registered at Jurisdictional Sub-Registrar office at Haryana, and it should be payed stamp duty as per Haryana Stamp Act.

Sanjeev desai

A. A. JOSE (Expert) 17 January 2009
If your is a charitable trust, you may register the same with the jurisdicational Charity Commissioner of your area please.
Ashok Kumar Garg (Expert) 17 January 2009
Mr Jose is right . It has to be registered with jurisdictional charity commissioner. This authority is known by different names in different states. For example it is known as Devsthanam Commissioner (Deptt.)in Rajasthan.

Since you say that the trust is a charitable trust, I would advise you to get it registered under section 12AA / r.w.s. 11 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 with the Income-tax Deptt. If you want that the donor of funds to the trust also get deduction u/s 80G of the Act, then an application for that registeration is also required to be filed with the Commissioner of Income-tax . If you do not get the trust registered u/s 12AA as aforesaid , all the receipts of the trust will be treated as income of the trust and income -tax shall be levied.
For further details you can also contact the local income-tax office where facilitation counter will advise you further in the matter.

RAJENDER SINGH MANN (Expert) 18 January 2009
Dear Mr. Bansal
First of all you have to execute a Trust Deed and get it registered a with the Jurisdictional Sub-Registrar office at Haryana, Stamp duty is @ 8% is required on the amount of the fund contributed on the initial donation by the founder trusee. Minimum stamp duty is Rs. 100/-. For getting the income of the said trust exempt u/s 11 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 trust so formed should be got registered with the Income-tax Department U/s 12AA.

There is a procedure for getting registered with the Income-tax Department.

If you want other informations/clarification in this regard, please let me know at my email ID or contact me at 9891067067 (CA Rajender Mann)
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 17 February 2009
I do agree with Mr. Mann.
vinod bansal (Querist) 18 February 2009
Thanks a lot Mr. Mann
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 20 February 2009
it is already resolved

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query