25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding rental property

(Querist) 16 February 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I have given my property for rent to a tenant for the past 20 years. He was doing some business in that space. During the last one year period he has not paid the rent. I was asking him to vacate the property since he was not paying the rent, but he did not do that till now. Suddenly yesterday my tenant was vacating the property and was planning to rent it to another person, I also got the news that he had taken the advance for renting the property. When I called my tenant he was not ready to talk properly. When I asked him what to vacate the property and give the keys, he talked very badly. What should I do in this case?
Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert) 16 February 2010
Serve a notice immediately calling upon him to pay the arrears of rent and to hand over vacant possession of the property.
On his failure, you may file a petition for his eviction. If the property has been sub-letted, it may be a ground for eviction.
O. Mahalakshmi (Expert) 22 February 2010
Yes, I agree with Mr. Parveen

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query