LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Re: Selling a residential and commercial property in mumbai

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Xperts!


Could you please help me by guiding me as to what is the convenient way to sell off a property?

The owner is related to me as my mother-in-law. My husband has expired. Now, she wants me to carry on with my life as I live in Mumbai (due to work) and she lives in Delhi.

She agreed to provide me with POA to the property to sell or rent.

1. Which POA will she have to make in order to sell the property without getting the property transferred on my name, that includes stamp duty and registration charges.

2. Is it General Power of Attorney or Special Power of Attorney?

3. How is the Co-Op Housing Society associated if she issues me a POA?

4. She will not be available to register the POA, anyother workarounds? please explain.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Yours Truely,

Tulika Sen
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 23 July 2015
anonymous query can not be answered.
Anirudh (Expert) 23 July 2015
I am sorry, I notice that this query was raised some 4 years back! But without noticing this, just as it appeared on the screen in 'Today's post' I answered.

I do not know, what prompted Mr. Thangapandian to pick up 4 year old queries.

Dear Tulika,

1. It should be special power of attorney, specifically authorising and empowering you to sell the property in question.

2. Such a power of attorney has necessarily to be registered. It involves very very nominal stamp duty and registration charges.

3. If your mother-in-law is not in a position to visit the Sub-Registrar's Office, for whatever reason, then you have to request the Sub-Registrar's Office to visit your mother-in-law's premises to register the document. Needless to say, it will involve extra expenses. For this, you have to get in touch with the Sub-Registrar's office.

4. Check up with the Co-operative Society, whether they have any Rules on this.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query