Quashing petition under 498a

This query is : Resolved 

04 June 2015

My wife's brother's(brother-in-law)wife has filed an FIR under 498a and DVC on her husband and in-laws. Can we go for quash in the high court?

Adv. B.SrikiranOnline (Expert)
06 June 2015

Yes. You can quash the FIR under 482 Cr.P.c from High Court if you feel that there is no merit in the FIR filed by the police and police has falsely charged your brother-in-law and his family based on fake complaint from your brother-in-law's wife.

06 June 2015

Before going for Quashing Petition u may file a Discharge b4 the lower court.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
06 June 2015

Better proceed with the case on merits. Quashing may not be allowed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x