LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property law

(Querist) 15 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 

My father has given a resident land to his elder brother before 10 years, but the land was not registered in the name of my father elder brother as it is a family property and there was more dispute in it within family. so they made an oral agreement. the land is in the name of my grandfather. Now my father elder ask to sign him the document which my father told him oraly. Now we dont want to give him the land as its value has rised and no document for the agreement.

What can be done legally in this issue.

TSBehera (Expert) 15 April 2008
file a Title Suit for partition simplecitor ,as possession of one co sharer of a hindu undivided family can not be his absolute possession,
Muthukumar (Querist) 16 April 2008
i am not able to understand you saying. please explain me clearly
manmeet singh arora (Expert) 19 April 2008
dear muthukumar,
1. as far i can understand from the legal point of view the oral agreement will not stand in the favour of elder brother of your father.
2. you have full legal right to sell the particular land on the basis of title suit

best regards
manmeet singh arora

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query