25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

property law.....

(Querist) 27 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
if mr a wants to purchase a flat from society in joint name of mr a & his wife.but society have some rules to allot the flat in only one person's name ?then whether registry can be done in joint name or not?
Guest (Expert) 28 July 2008
Registration under the Indian Registration Act 1908 has nothing to do with the Socity rules. You can register in joint name and for the purpose of administration of the society, only one member can register and he alone willl liable for the payments and other issues in connection with the flat to Society eventhough there are joint owners.

Please mention the state so that it will be easier to answer.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 28 July 2008
I agree with the opinion made by Mr Kotresh.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 28 July 2008
You can purcase a flat from the co-op.society with other person as a joint co-owner and you can also register the same under The registration act also. The society is bound to register your name as a original member and your co-owner as associate member of the society.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query