Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property in name of mother

(Querist) 28 January 2015 This query is : Resolved 

My mother has bought one property out of her funds adding my name as second. I have not paid anything. There is ongoing dispute with my wife for last 8 years.

Will my estranged wife be entitled for the share in the property of the mother which in our joint name (mother and me as said above)in case I die.

Plz help as how to avoid going property to my harasser (estranged wife) in case i die.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 January 2015
It is better to execute a relinquishment deed in favour of your mother for your half share as the property in the joint name of your mother and you
Dr J C Vashista Online (Expert) 28 January 2015
You may gift your share to your mother. It is self-acquired property with your mother which cannot be relinquished.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 January 2015
You can bequeath a registered a will, however, your wife may raise dispute on it after you.

If you gift it to your mother, it would be better.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query