LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Procedure of Change of Name

(Querist) 26 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I want to change my name from Manish to Manish Jindal as Jindal is my sirnamr.
but i name is Manish as per SSC certificate.
Please help to by providing the details regarding change of name procedure.

E-mail:- manish_jindal88@yahoo.com
manish (Querist) 26 May 2008
Manish Singh (Expert) 26 May 2008
Prakash Yedhula (Expert) 27 May 2008
You have to follow the following procedure to change your name:
1. Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.

2. Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.

3. Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).

4. Pay the requisite Fees in cash. (Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).

5.The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

6.Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.
Guest (Expert) 28 May 2008
The are two things in your query.

Do you want change in SSC certificate or you want your name to be changed. If you want to change name in SSC then you have to approach SSC Board which will have a procedure, follow it. In Karnataka, change in such record is possible only by Court order.

If you are not bothered with SSC name, then, make and affidavit on appropriate stamp paper, notarise it and publish it in newspaper. The cuting of the newspaper and affidavit are the documents evidencing your change of name.
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 25 January 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :