Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Procedure for change of name

(Querist) 03 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Please explain me the procedure for change of name of my son aged 10 years.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 03 July 2008
if his name already registered with registrar of births and deaths, then you have to give a notarised affidavit. If it not so then no prob. If he have a pan card already as it became a fashion in India. Then the procedure will be a lil bit more complicated. Furnish me fuller details so that i can be of any help to you.
Guest (Expert) 04 July 2008
Apply for change of name with the muncipal authority, he can change the name in Register of Birth, which is the most secure document for birth. Usually procedures will be very simple and amy involve some kind payment over an above the fixed payment.

Once the name changes in the register, you can file that in the school and they change it easily. A mere letter from the Parent is sufficient to change the name.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 04 July 2008
simply put advertisement in the newspaper and publish the same in the govt gazette of your state or contact me it will be done by paying necessary service charge 09833843250
GOPI KRISHNA (Expert) 04 July 2008
you swear an affidavit that you have changed you sons name from old to new and make an application to the school along with the affidavit. the school authorities may incorporate in their register
Manish Singh (Expert) 05 July 2008
Yes, since the son is not an adult, you dont need to worry.
just make an affidavit for the name chAnged, notarised it and give to the school authority.
SROTAS -Global Legal Services (Expert) 07 July 2008
For name change you have to approach the Government Press and get an application form for change of name. You have to fill the application form, get attested with a gazetted officer, submit it in the same office where you got the application and pay a sum of Rs.400/- if it is in Tamilnadu, (other districts verify with the offices)After submission of the application, they will publish the name change in Government Gazette within 40 days. They will send two copies of Government Gazette to your given address also. after getting the Government Gazette, you publish the name change in any News Paper. Produce the Government gazette to all the authorities, Schools, Colleges etc., and ask them to issue fresh certificates with new name.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :