LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Power of Attorney

(Querist) 19 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I am an NRI currently residing in USA. I am planning to move to India within the next 5 years, and therefore am planning to buy an apartment in India.

I want to appoint my sister as the power of attorney for all matters regarding the purchase of the asset. She is a resident of India.

How do I execute a power of attorney from USA?

all help much appreciated.

Guest (Expert) 19 June 2008
You can download a proforma POA and suitably draft it to empower your sister the purchase immoveable property on your behalf, to register the property in your name on your behalf and to issue receipt, pay taxes an dother levies, etc. Any proforma POA iwill have these clauses, you need to ensure that the POA is complete.

Once you draft a POA, you can either have it notarised uin USA or with Indian Consulate, who will attest your execution of POA.

Send the Notarised POA to your sister, who will have to get it adjudicated with the concerned stamp authority in India.

The POA is ready for use.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 19 June 2008
You can approach indian emassy at washington and indian consulate at newyork and los angles for the authentication of your power of attorney.
SROTAS -Global Legal Services (Expert) 20 June 2008
Dear Jay,
You can download the model of Power of attorney or if you tell the purpose for execution. i can give you the draft power of attorney. No need to approach embassay at all. You can take a print out in a white sheet, sign the power of attorney before a notary public get the attestation of the notary with his name and official seal. Then You have to mail it from USA to INDIA. DONT SEND THE COVER WITH SOMEONE WHO IS COMING TO INDIA. THEY WILL POST THE COVER WHEN THEY REACH INDIA. POSTAL SEAL AND THE COVER IS IMPORTANT AND YOUR SISTER HAS TO PRODUCE BEFORE THE CONERNED REGISTRAR when she is adjudicating the power. Please follow the above instruction. You have to affix the passport size photo in the power of attorney and you have to sign across the photo and it should be attested. For further clarification feel free to mail me at
thank you
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 20 June 2008
you can as well as sign on a representation form empowering your sister to sign on your behalf.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 06 April 2009
I do agree with views and/or valuable opinions of our ld. members/friends. Thanks all of you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query