LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

plot purchase

(Querist) 09 November 2008 This query is : Resolved 


I wish to purchase agriculture land nearby to pune,maharashtra for building a house. area of land is 3000 sq ft.& is located near to national highway,the initial seller was a farmer who was owner of 10000 sq ft land.he sold this land to a developer who further sold 7000 sq ft to individual buyers 1000 sq ft each.they built row houses. now developer is selling rest 3000 sq ft land which i wish to purchase. my queries as follows.

1.This is an agriculture land, without making it Non agri. can i able to purchase it.(rule says that not below than 1 hector (40000 sq ft) land can be converted into Non Agri. is it fact?)

2.stamp duty is calculated by considering the value of land rs.60000 per hector (40000 sq ft) as on date by govt. were as i am paying rs 5 lac for only 3000 sq ft. there is huge difference in actual & govt declared value of the land.what stamp duty i need to pay in this case.

3.kindly suggest me how to proceed & legally what steps i should take so there will not be any problems after the purchase. what are other cost involved after the purchase of land.(like apart from stamp duty,transfer fee)

4. if this land is not converted to Non agri. will be there any problem in getting electricity & water connection if i construct the house.

Pl suggest.
Guest (Expert) 10 November 2008
You said they further sold 7000 sq ft to individual buyers 1000 sq ft each.they built row houses.

It indicate that land can be converted to residential plot.and i further advise you, you go personally to the present house owner, and ask them, whether they have converted their land, if yes, then how

Your queries
1.You can purchase the land without converting it,and can apply for conversion after purchasing the same.

2. for stamp duty, contact your lacal advocate, I am from kolkata.

3.ask your seller to give you all the document related to that property, and go for searching and findout whether the document is original or not, but I advise you for lacal advocate.

4. As according to the infromation provided by you, i think land will be converted, but as you have asked, if not, then yes there wil be lots of problem.
madhukar (Querist) 11 November 2008
Thanks for advice.
but still i have a query. as you suggested that to go through all document related to property.
what are those documents?. whether he is owner of land (that paper), &if he purchased from farmer then that transfer deed.only this documents i can asked for or anything else from this?
2. if row houses built without converting land to NA by present house owners under the impression nothing will happen as bcoz it is small town. then what problems will be in future?

pl suggest
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 05 January 2009
Dear Mr. Madhukar,

First you have to contact any Local Advocate and to take legal opinion.
Dont waste a hardearn money to purchase untitile property.

sanjeev desai

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query